Monday, 20 October 2014

Self Portrayal on the Internet


About a week ago now I did a little experiment on tumblr. I was curious about how easy it is to portray yourself as something different on the internet, to make your life seem more exciting or completely different to how it really is merely by slicing bits out or overplaying certain aspects. I think one of the most amazing things about social media is that you can be whoever you want to be and certainly in my case I'm a lot more confident when it comes to talking about things if it's on tumblr or on this blog, but I wanted to see if I could show a completely true version of myself.

To do this I uploaded nothing but pictures without any captions or editing, it was a completely honest representation of an average day for me.

Here are some of the pictures I took:

Morning face with leftover make up from the night before. (Bad Amber)

Tea for everyone!

Packing my bed away before builders arrive!


Dog walking in the sunshine!

Time to write!

 Wooo!

 Shopping time!


Relaxing for a bit. 


I love this meerkat!


Dinner!


Evening snuggles.


We have no heating at the moment so this fire is a godsend!


Next mornings sunrise!

That was it. A completely average day in my life. It really drew my attention to how I seem online compared to my everyday life. I think it's amazing that we have a place to express all of our opinions
and be whoever we want to be but I think it's nice occasionally to show a completely unedited version of my life which is wonderful but not as interesting as my online persona may show it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment